1982 Tony found himself at a friend's house in LA with a studio in the guest bedroom and recorded what became his first album, SHAKIN' DOWN THE ACORNS, a toe-tapping instrumental folk classic. Buoyed by it's success, he went on to record another collection of fiddle tunes, aptly titled SHAKIN' DOWN THE ACORNS, VOLUME II. Selling thousands of tapes at fairs and festivals all over the West, he founded Acorn Music. A third critically acclaimed release,SWINGING ON A GATE, arrived in 1986. Responding to the demand from his fans for a Christmas album, Tony, in collaboration with his brother Pete, produced WINTER CREEK, a perennial favorite described by the Washington Post as "the best chamber-folk offering of the year."
In 1995, Tony released his first all-original album, EARTH TONES. Produced by Mike Marshall, at the time, of the Modern Mandolin Quartet, this unique release features an all-star cast of acoustic musicians. Visit our website at www.acornmusic.com for more information.
Check out the artist's website:
1. Winter Creek
2. The Little Snowman
3. O Po' Little Jesus/Tell It On The Mountain
4. A La Nanita Nana/El Santo Nino
5. God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen
6. Bells of Brigadoon/Christmas Day I'da Mornin'
7. Christmas in Dixie
8. Pat a Pan/La Valse Pour Les Petites Jeunes Filles
9. Behold That Star
10. O Come, O Come, Emmanuel/Oh Fairest Maid
11. What Child Is This (Greensleeves)
12. A Virgin Most Pure/We Three Kings of Orient Are
13. It Came Upon a Midnight Clear/Silent Night