There are 29 songs in this 2 disc album that were chosen to illustate the story of God's Plan from Creation, through the fall of Adam, Jesus'Resurrection and promise of eternity in heaven. May they reveal to listeners the importance of achieving an intimate relationship with Jesus Christ, thereby assuring them of a place in God's kingdom.
The performers are:
Charlie Evans, tenor/baritone
Galina Gerakosov, pianist
Tom Nowicki, saxophonist
Bill Duvall, narrator
This is not just easy listening music. It is chosen and arranged to reveal God's wonderful salvation plan to us. They are songs of prayer, praise, and testimony, all eloquently expressing a need for a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
This album contains an eclective mix of sacred music, with favorite spirituals and hymns represented, using some clever arrangements by Craig Courtney, among others. There are some contemporary numbers that are particularly effective in communicating the Christian faith. There are some old, seldom performed sacred songs by such long departed composers as John Prindle Scott and Beardsley Van de Water that take words directly from the Bible and give them life.
For many music CD's, each song seems to have the same beat, the same use of the singing voice, the same kind of song and emotional expression, and can be boring to listen to, prompting some to lament "they all sound the same". The songs in this album express many different emotions of the believer, in a number of different styles and presentations. You will never be bored and will enjoy all of them.
This music is performed by dedicated musicians who have spent many years as performers before large audiences in many venues. Charlie Evans is a trained singer who has performed many roles with opera companies in Milwaukee and Chicago, as soloist at ethnic festivals, and as a soloist at Hales Corners Lutheran Church and other large churches in Milwaukee and throughout the country. Pianist Galina Gerakosov is a professional pianist and teacher, serves in the music ministry at St. James Catholic Church in Franklin, Wisconsin and has played in numerous piano competitions including Metropolitan Opera. Saxophonist Tom Nowicki has performed in a number of community bands in the Milwaukee area, including Night Winds. Narrator Bill Duvall is a retired professor of music and voice teacher in Milwaukee.
1. In the Beginning, by Joseph Haydn
2. Adam, Where Are You, by Don Francisco, beginning with narrative
3. Oh God, Have Mercy, by Felix Mendelssohn
4. If My People Will Pray, by Jimmie Owens
5. Fear Not Ye, O Israel, by Dudley Buck
6. The Good Shepherd, by Beardsley Van de Water
7. The Lord Is My Light, by Francis Allitsen
8. On Eagle's Wings, by Michael Joncas, arranged by Jack Schrader
9. Be Not Afraid, by Craig Courtney
10. O Divine Redeemer, by Charles Gounod
11. Repent Ye, by John Prindle Scott
12. There Is a Savior, by Greg Nelson, Bob Farrell, and Sandi Patti
13. It Is Well with My Soul, by Horatio G. Spafford and Phillip Blis
14. I Walked Today Where Jesus Walked, by Daniel Twohig and Geoffrey
15. Were You There, Spiritual arranged by H. T. Burleigh
16. We Have Seen the Risen Lord, by Stan Pethel
17. Beneath the Cross of Jesus, by Elizabeth Clephane and Frederick
18. Feel the Nails, by Ray Boltz and Steve Millikan
19. De Blin' Man Stood on de Road an' Cried,
20. Amazing Grace, by John Newton, arranged by Craig Courtney
21. How Great Thou Art, by Stuart K. Hine, arranged by Craig Courtne
22. I Want to Be Like Jesus, Spiritual arranged by John Payne
23. Just As I Am, by Charlotte Elliott and William Bradbury, arrange
24. Ev'ry Time I Feel de Spirit, Spiritual arranged by H. T. Burleig
25. The Lord's Prayer, by Albert Hay Malotte
26. Nobody Knows the Trouble I've Seen, Spiritual arranged by Jay Al
27. The Penitent, by Beardsley Van de Water
28. Here I Am, Lord', by Daniel Schutte, arranged by Craig Courtney
29. Finally Home, by Don Wyrtzen and L. E. Singer