Bekay: Rap/Hip-Hop Vocals
Once again, "BROOKLYN THE PLANET" has spit out another M.C. that represents the new attitude of the streets. The name, "Bekay" will forever be implanted into peoples' collective conscious once we begin to experience the depth of emotion exploding from the mind of this 25 year-old lyrical prodigy.
Bekay personifies the changing definition of hip-hop, as someone very passionate about this culture and eager to let the world in on his story. BeKay's writing talent and unique perception, not only enables him to be a cult personality, but also brings credibility and power to the topics and issues found in his music.
1. First prize winner of the International Music Festival's best rap/hip-hop solo artist award (July 2005).
2. Currently working with The Alchemist, Masta Ace, DJ Babu (Dilated Peoples), Wordsworth, Pumpkinhead, R.A. The Rugged Man & DJ Revolution, among others for his full length album, Hunger Pains- coming out this summer('06)on Coalmine Records.
3. Collaborated with the late Old Dirty Bastard for a track entitled Where Brooklyn At? (Produced by Kanye West's production Team, KONMAN Productions [John Legend]). This song was featured on The Future Of Hip Hop Is Now LP (T.S.O.B. Records) and is inlcuded on "On Deck" hosted by DJ Kayslay. This track is to be released on 12" vinyl in February of 2006.
4. Working with super producer Jonathan Rotem a/k/a JR (50 Cent, Lil Kim, Snoop, G-Unit, Destiny's Child, Jae Mills, Foxy Brown).
5. Featured on The Raw 12" (Coalmine Records) featuring M.C. heavyweights Inspectah deck and Saigon. The Raw was XXL magazines underground pick of the month and was charted as the number one college hip-hop song in the nation for the week of June 13, 2005.
6. Just released 'On Deck'- a mix CD hosted and endorsed by the legendary DJ Kayslay, that is a prelude to Bekay's full length album. Bekay has also been featured on countless numbers of mixtapes and has become a regular featured artist among DJ Sickamores catalog of mix CDs.
7. Has been featured on BET's 106th and Park 'Freestyle Friday' M.C. battle.
8. Was chosen to compete in MTV's 'MC Battle'. This tryout consisted of over 5,000 contestants and Bekay was chosen as one of 27 finalists.
9. Competed for a spot on MTV's 'Making the Band.' Of over 50,000 hopefuls from seven major U.S. cities, Bekay stood tall among the 25 finalists. He was a staff favorite during the original tapings of the show.
10. First prize winner of the New York 'Cheetah Club' showcase competition, held by Funk Master Flex's Big Dog Pitbulls and AJ of B.E.T.
11. Has received airplay on New York's Hot 97 and Z100 as well as Sirius and XM Satellite Radio.
12. Has just recently recorded an exclusive song for DON KING'S boxing DVD to be released towards the end of 2005.
13. Was voted by over 100,000 people as #1 Independant hip hop artist of 2004 by digitalflava.com
The combination of this young man's drive, lyrics, delivery and determination is the recipe that will bring him Hip Hop industry success. With all the commercialized glamour of the music industry today, Bekay's only wish is to keep focused on the real prize and to stay true to the art form that has become a definitive force in American culture. 'Bekay' To put it simply: THE FUTURE OF HIP HOP BEGINS HERE.
Check out the artist's website:
2. Get High With Me (freestyle)
3. Accept It (freestyle)
4. Beloved Feat. Jade Foxx
5. Thall Shall Kill You (freestyle)
6. I'm Sooo Hood
7. Doin' Me
8. Gold Digger (freestyle)
9. Where Brooklyn At? Feat Odb
10. Catfish (freestyle)
11. Bk to L.i. Feat. Kasual
12. I Need Sleep
15. Piss Ants Feat. El Gant
16. The Raw (shuko Remix) Feat. Saigon
17. Cancelled Out
19. Tearz (freestyle)
20. When It Comes Down to Reality
21. Out For Justice (freestyle)