His mother got married and they moved from suburb to suburb.In the late 80's,she got divorced.Thats when Slim and his mom moved to a city called INKSTER to live with his Uncle.
INKSTER A.K.A. (INKTOWN,The CROOKED I)is a small city that is about a 5 mile radius just west of Detroit.Which now has the highest murder rate in Michigan besides Detroit,where he still remains.
He was then influenced by local artists such as INKTOWN POSSE,AWOL,KAOS & MYSTRO,DETROITS MOST WANTED,FORREST DWELLAS,ESHAM,AWESOME DRE,PONYBOY,DICE,J-BONE,& KID ROCK by listening to BILLY T. on 107.5fm(the Basement tapes) & watching the local tv show "THE NEW DANCE SHOW".
In high school he started writing and rappin,but also got involved with drugs,alcohol,the law,& was rollin with a street gang called the "INCA BOYZ".
But as he got older he grew out of that phaze(except drinkin) & started flowin with neighborhood homiez & eventually started a group called GRIM REALITY and the label TOO TUFF PRODUCTIONS, a well known record company with thousands of record sales,newspaper articles,awards,over capacity filled venues,& alot of college radio play.
Then they started an alter-ego hip hop group called D.U.I.(DRUNKS UNITED INTERNATIONALLY) a more humerous & lighter side of themselves.SWIGZ is Slims D.U.I. name.He is the first out of the group to release a solo project."ONE LIFE TO LIVE"
Check out the artist's website:
1. Go 'Head produced by:KeyBoard James
2. Mamacita feat:Q-Ball,Papa Drama produced by: KBJ
3. Allright feat:Ketchphraz,Jypsy Eye,J-Bone prod.Riccola
4. Lonely Days feat: Chief,Blue prod.by:Kid Rocks DJ Paradime
5. One Life To Live produced by:KBJ
6. All I Want Is You produced by:DJ Chewie
7. Nothin But Love produced by:KBJ
8. Bonus TrackD.U.I. Sudz n Dudz feat:The Janitor,Da Brown Bagger