a play by Clarinda Karpov
A firebrand archaeologist finds herself fighting for her sanity when she confronts the ghost of the heretic pharaoh Akhnaton...
What lies in the tomb where past and future meet?
* * *
The music in this recording was originally composed for the world premiere of ANKHST, a play by Clarinda Karpov, Produced by the Omaha Workshop Theatre, Omaha, NE, directed by Connie Sutherland-Pearson (1989). It was subsequently produced by the Omaha Playwrights' Cooperative, Omaha, NE, directed by Jonathan Warman (1994). It was included in the 2005 New York Fringe Festival, produced by the NeoNeo Theatre Company (New York), directed by Jonathan Warman.
1. Overture - M. Nelson'Â¢
2. Dig It - Bahit & The Dig Workers'Â¢
3. Native Nocturne - M. Nelson'Â¢, B. Farber'Â¢
4. Akhna-tomb-tone - M. Nelson'Â¢
5. Vicar of Bray - G.F. Handel+, P. Dunne*
6. The Visitation - P. Dunne'Â¢
7. Funky Egypt - M. Nelson'Â¢
8. Hymn to the Sun - P. Dunne'Â¢
9. Court of Amunhotep III - P. Dunne'Â¢
10. Threnody - P. Dunne'Â¢, R. Wach, B. Knebel
11. Spiked Reeds - P. Dunne'Â¢
12. Nilotic Reeds - D. Wach'Â¢, J. Lee
13. Song of Nefertiti - P. Dunne+, B. Knebel, J. Lee
14. The Ku and The Bai - M. Nelson'Â¢
15. River Nile - R. Wach'Â¢
16. Celebration at Akhetaten - P. Dunne+, B. Farber 'Â¢, M. Nelson'
17. Get Down, Egypt - M. Nelson'Â¢
18. Keku-Seb Conspires - P. Dunne+, R. Wach+, M. Nelson'Â¢
19. Death in the Desert - R. Wach+, M. Nelson'Â¢
20. Explosion into Sunrise - M. Nelson'Â¢, P. Reilly
21. Her, Too, The Sun: Nefertiti - P. Dunne+, B. Knebel
22. City of the Horizon - M. Nelson'Â¢, R. Wach
23. Hymn to the Sun - P. Dunne'Â¢
24. River Nile - R. Wach'Â¢
25. Him, Too, The Sun: Temple of the Aten - P. Dunne+, D. Wach
26. Keep on Digging It - Bahit and the Dig Workers'Â¢