"I didn't know you could play guitar like THAT!"
-Jimmy Stafford, guitarist for Grammy Award-winning band Train, to Fraley after the EB Fraley band opened for Train
There's a lot more to EB Fraley's music than just virtuoso guitar work, as his new album "Becoming Nothing" demonstrates. You'll find moving poetry in songs like "Sunshine," a glimpse of his blues roots in "Along for the Ride", and even some rare piano and Rhodes work on "All About the Money."
"It's like, he's back."
- Overheard from an audience member at a Stevie Ray Vaughan tribute concert in Santa Cruz, California
Born and raised in California, EB Fraley began playing piano and guitar as a child, inspired by a diversity of influences, from Stevie Ray Vaughan to AC/DC, from The Beatles to Duran Duran. While still in his teens, he was a regular at blues clubs all over the San Francisco Bay Area. Wanting to branch out, Fraley hit the road for half a year just months after his 18th birthday, and never looked back.
"A tasty blend of blues and pop."
- San Francisco Examiner
Now, over a thousand shows later, and having played in hundreds of cities in more than 30 states, Fraley's accomplishments include:
* Six independently released albums.
* Original songs and live performances for the corporate events of some of the world's most prestigious companies, including Microsoft, DHL, AT&T, and Wall Data.
* Producer credits for Grammy Award-nominated artists like Tanya Tucker and Ty Herndon, and for numerous rising stars, including Tyrone Wells, Levi Kreis, Waylon Payne, Stafford, Evanne Riskas, Scott "Twitch" Anderson, and Tonya Watts (to name just a handful).
* Vocal and guitar work on dozens of songs featured on television shows and advertisements, including MTV's Newlyweds, CBS's The Young and the Restless, The WB's High School Reunion, ABC's One Life to Live, commercials for the Yamaha "Star" line of motorcycles, Fox's 30 Seconds of Fame, CBS' Star Search, ABC's All My Children, CBS's Jag, The WB's Charmed, and NBC's Passions (domestic & international).
"Fraley has enough talent to go all the way to the top"
- Doug Aley, Stanford Concert Network
In 2002, EB Fraley and Evanne Riskas, performing as the band 57 Views, won UCLA's Spring Sing Best Overall and Best Duet for the performance of their song "Someone Has to Be". Currently, EB is revving up the promotional machine for "Becoming Nothing", kicking it off with a couple of shows in Minneapolis for 8,000 attendees at the Microsoft WPC, followed by an opening performance for legendary band the B-52s.
Look for EB Fraley this summer and fall on the California club scene, from Los Angeles to San Francisco and beyond.
"He puts on one mean show."
- Bridget Harcey, CSM
"Becoming Nothing" is available now at ebfraley.com and cdbaby.com
Queen Deceiver - 1997 independant release
EB Fraley - 1999 independant release
Velocity - 2004 independant release
Becoming Nothing - 2005 independant release
Check out the artist's website:
1. Kiss My Atmosphere
2. Jesus, Mary, Mona Lisa
4. Because of Love
5. I'm Ready Now
8. Along For the Ride
9. All About the Money
10. Strange Angels
11. Stand Up Tall
12. Through the Day
13. We Are